Thursday, November 15, 2012

Big Sur Mini Vacation

My sis and I took our awesome mom on a belated birthday trip to the coast. On the way we stopped in Monterey, drove the 17 Mile Drive (worth the $10 road toll!), and explored the mighty Big Sur coast.


It had been awhile since my last trip to the beach, maybe since May. I always forget how much I love the ocean until I see it again!

The waves almost got us a couple times at Pebble Beach!


















My mom got a huge kick out of getting to see the famed Pebble Beach Golf Course, and of course the beach that the golf course was named after too.
Dried seaweed ball at Pebble Beach. 


















We had lots of good food. I think the favorite all around was the freshly made Pumpkin Cheesecake we had at Redwood Grill in Big Sur. It was so good, we had to go back the next day for a second slice before driving home! We also enjoyed a late lunch at Nepenthe Cafe. The view from the cafe guarantee's that you won't complain about the food being slightly over priced.


View from our table at Nepenthe Cafe
 It was so nice to spend some real quality time with both my mom and sister.

Left: My mom Center: Me Right: Sissy

No comments:

Post a Comment