Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year, New Plans - 35 in 2013

Happy New Year everyone! As most people do, I started thinking about resolutions for 2013 a couple of weeks ago. I was inspired by Jennifer who writes the It's Just Jennifer blog and her idea of doing 37 things during her 37th year. So I sat down, and starting writing up some goals of my own, or as I am preferring to think of them, action points! Here they are... my list of 35 things to do for the year that I am 35.

35 Things to Do in 2013


Health/Fitness Related
1. Buy an elliptical workout machine - Done!
2. Work out on elliptical 2 times per week
3. Take 2 hikes per month
4. Walk/slow jog a 5k event
5. Do a Mud Run!!! This has been on my to-do list for a couple of years
6. Lose 15 pounds, and keep it off
7. Do a juice cleanse

Crochet Related
8. Finish my sister April's blanket... it's been in the works for over a year now.
9. Finish cute little amigurumi turtle... not sure why it's still sitting there undone!
10. Make crochet items to sell at work art & craft show (10-20 items)
11. Finish flower afghan I started last year

Personal/Spiritual Growth
12. Go to church at least 1 time per month
13. Graduate from Chabot College with AA
14. Apply to Cal State East Bay for college transfer
15.  Do 1 blog post per month
16. Post pictures to Flickr once a month (You can see my Flickr photostream HERE)

Relationship
17. Take one mini-vacation with my hubby Mike (without kids)
18. Go see a comedy show 3 times
19. Clean the garage with Mike

Family
20. Let Zoie & Lexie sign-up for 1 paid activity/sport each
21. Take a family vacation
22. Plant veggie & flower gardens
23. Take Zoie & Lexie whitewater rafting

Friends
24. Go on a birthday trip for my friend Terri's 50th birthday
25. Have a huge campout with friends
26. New Brighton State Beach camping trip
27. Snow trip with friends
28. Host 2 game nights

Random
29. Make 3 types or batches of preserves
30. Try a new preserving recipe
31. Make candied citrus peels (so yummy!!!)
32. See 6 movies in movie theater - with or without kids
33. Rent my grandmothers house
34. Go bowling 4 times - one down on New Years Day
35. Practice stressing less (Take baths, walks, do yoga, etc... as needed for stress reduction)

So, there you have it. My to-do list for 2013. I have already knocked one thing off the list completely and started on another. It's been a good start so far. I will update about them on here.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Years and all the luck in keeping to your personal resolutions, action points, or to-do lists.

1 comment: