Thursday, March 22, 2012

Freezer Strawberry Jam

My friend Terri Biondi gave me an awesome Christmas present of some freezer jam containers, freezer pectin, and removable jar labels. I was feeling guilty about not using any of these supplies, until I found an awesome buy on three-packs of strawberries at a store. Perfect I thought! Just the thing to use in making some jam.

I followed the No-Cook Strawberry Jam recipe that came on the Ball Freezer Jars package.
  1. First I had to wash and cut up the strawberries.


2.  Then I mashed them using a potato masher.


3.  After adding in the instant pectin, I ladled the fresh jam into sterilized jars and sealed them up. 



Yum! It turned out so delicious. I think I'll be trying some more fresh freezer jams this summer. Maybe I'll do nectarine or peach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment